Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Snowman Ornament


I make a set of ornaments to pass out to family and coworkers every year. This year I came across these from Simple Flourishes, and knew I had to try them. I think they only took about a total of 30 minutes to make 11 of them, not including overnight drying time.

Click on any of the pictures to make them much bigger.

What you'll need:
Styrofoam balls
Paperclips
White Crayola Model Magic Clay
Orange Crayola Model Magic Clay
Hot Glue or Strong Craft Glue
Black paint or marker
Blush - yes from your make-up drawer
Ribbon



I started by sitting in front of the tv watching Grey's Anatomy and wrapping the white model magic around the styrofoam balls. I popped a paper clip in the top of each one for a hanger. I made little noses out of the orange model magic. I let them dry overnight.




I used the hot glue to attach the noses to the heads. The hot glue didn't stay 100%, and it made a blob behind the nose. I would suggest a strong craft glue for this part.


Once I had them attached, I used a black marker pen to make eyes, and add a little detailing to the noses.


Rub a little sparkly blush on their cheeks, tie on a ribbon, and you're done!

 
 

2 comments:

melissa said...

So freaking cute! GREAT pictures too!

Erin @ Simply Frugal Mom said...

Adorable. Nice work.